From: fjm <mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 9:24 pm
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica cutting contest at SPAH

While some of the writing in this thread has been less than obvious none
of it has been obscure to the point of misunderstanding and yet it's
obvious from several of the replies that several key points were
misconstrued. I think I knew what Sonny meant first time around. The
clarification helped but the meaning was there initially. That's just
one instance; there were others.Â

It's somewhat confusing in that the harp-l process is a freeforall. We
discuss whatever we find interesting and sometimes that will include the
running of the SPAH annual convention. SPAH's process is somewhat more
formal. An unfortunate aspect of celebrity is that celebrated often
find themselves the topic of discussion. SPAH and its convention are
very famous in the harmonica world. To anyone wanting to affect a
change in how the SPAH convention is run I suggest one becoming a member
and then 2 familiarising yourself with the inner workings of the
organisation. Attending an event wouldn't be a bad idea either.Â

If you think my comments are directed you are wrong.  They are quite
general.  I've been intrigued by the interactions of these two worlds,
harp-l and SPAH for a long time now.  The bits and pieces occurring at
the boundaries are fascinating.  fjmÂ