[Harp-L] Re: Subject: The Last Waltz/Muddy Waters, Paul Butterfield

FYI - I posted this to rec.music.dylan earlier this week:

If you have not yet experienced of Levon Helm's (late of The Band)
'Midnight Rambles', held most Saturday's at Levon's large home/
recording studio outside of Woodstock, NY, I urge you to check it out
(see www.levonhelm.com).

I had the privilege of attending Saturday evening's show, and it was
truly an unforgettable event.  I sat no more than 8 feet away from
Levon, who was in terrific form (performing everything from old blues
chesnuts [with partner Little Sammy Davis - who blew some serious
harp], to numbers from the Band
['Ophelia', 'It Makes no Difference', 'The Weight' and 'W.S.
Wolcott's
Medicine Show', among others]).  He also performed a great version of
Bob's 'It takes a lot to laugh..', as well as 'Tears of Rage' and
'Down in the Flood' - I must confess to having goosebumps.

Amy Helm (Levon's daughter) and her group, Olabelle, performed a
great
set of music as well (including a reworked and timely 'Down by the
Riverside').  To add to the evening, Mr. Nick Lowe sat in on a few
numbers (including the encore of 'I Shall be Released'!).

Add to this a friendly crowd of about 230 other respectful music
lovers, communal food and drink, a warm and friendly staff, and a
perfect NY-state summer evening, and you have an evening to cherish.

Please support music like this - believe me, it was worth every
penny.

Peace.

Tom

---