[Harp-L] Re: Subject: The Last Waltz/Muddy Waters, Paul Butterfield

I'm sure this has been discussed here before my time, but I saw The  Last
Waltz for the first time in its entirety a couple of days ago on  Flix.  The 1978
movie featuring the 1976 final tour of Robbie Robertson's  The Band ....with
their guests.  So many fabulous musical moments...some  interesting harmonica
work (yes, even by Neil Young and Bob Dylan) ...but what  really stood out was
Muddy Waters being backed up by Paul Butterfield.  In  living colour, instead
of old black/white youtube videos...performing the entire  song of "Mannish
Boy".

The video's worth getting for that performance alone, as well  as Robbie
Robertson's reminiscence of their last meeting with Sonny Boy  Williamson shortly
before his death.  Directed by Martin  Scorsese.  Incredibly good.

Elizabeth