Subject: [Harp-L] Chromatic valves

Hi Paul:

This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with Hering chromatics,
actually.  It was true also with the Hering 64 I bought last Spring,  rendering it
almost unplayable... and when I raised the question on  Slidemeister, the
consensus seems to be that Herings are well known for buzzing  windsavers. ...I think
one option would be to replace them, perhaps  with the ultrasuede everyone
talks about as a material for half-valving  diatonics as well as
chroms...because I have heard that, unlike  Hohner, very few people have obtained
satisfaction trying to have  their Herings serviced from the Manufacturer...though I
haven't attempted to, so  can't speak to it personally.

One of the contributors to the other site...Zong Liang, suggested making
tiny pinholes in the ends of the valves to let moisture evaporate...the solution
if dampness is the problem, but might not help if they're curling from  cold.

Elizabeth

"I have a 16 hole Hering chromatic, that since I have had it has
always had buzzing valves / windsavers. It stays like this until it's
really warm.
Is this normal?
None of my other Hering / Hohner  chromatics do this.
Is there an easy way to fix the  problem?

Paul
www.kingleyharp.co.uk"