Re: [Harp-L] Price of Harps / First Harps

In 1972 I was hitchhiking through the Pacific Northwest and met a guy on the
road.  He pulled out a harp and played a chug rhythm as we walked.  I was
amazed.

I bought my first harp soon thereafter, in a mom-n-pop music store.  It was
a Hohner Blues Harp in E.  I bought a Blues Harp because the name sounded
cool, and I bought it in the key of E because I had heard guitars were tuned
to E, and I thought this would make it easier to play with a guitarist.  I
think I paid $5.25 for it.   I still love the sound of an E harp...