Re: [Harp-L] good or bad harps? (was: godd or bad haprs?)

"Blow" and "draw" ~in context~ are okay, if explained correctly. For one thing, it's fewer syllables than inhale or exhale -- which in themselves could be misleading.

One of the problems with either harmonica is that the majority of us are self-taught. It's a good way to get into some just plain horrible habits. Lesson books can't do the whole thing; neither can trying to copy our favorite artists, because they may have even worse habits.

My rule of thumb: If it's really hard to do, I'm trying too hard. Corollary: If it doesn't sound good, I'm doing something wrong.

Blowing out reeds is doing something wrong. Microphones are for loud, not blasting.

Tom