Re: [Harp-L] re: Blues in Nurnburg (Nuernberg)

Snaruhn@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I always wondered when American list members asked for blues
> clubs when planning to make a visit in Germany. That´s the last
> thing I´d asked for when visiting Germany even as a harp friend.

Why not? I've been in Rio de Janeiro in October, and i asked for blues clubs
there, too. That way i got to know some really fabulous guys, the Rio
Dynamite Band and Flávio Guimarães, as well as Flávios Band since about 25
years, the Blues Étilicos. We had a great time together, he let me sit in on
three gigs and he inspired me to play much more on the chromatic harmonica.
I had a lot of Samba and other brazilian ethnic music too (one hasn't to go
far for that in Rio de Janeiro) but to meet Flávio was a bit of coming home.
So i can't discover something wrong in looking for a blues club when you're
somewhere else.

See ya,
Ralf