[Harp-L] Latest Dylan controversy

When it's a compliment, they always talk about the singer/songwriter, when it's about music, it's guitar/songwriter, when it's about scandal, it's truly annoying how it always seems to be about Bob Dylan... the "harmonica-playing folk singer". Irritating, to say the least. Anyway, here's another chapter in the saga for the "Harmonica Tabloids"! :)

Bobbie G
[the 'other' pizza-lover! Hey, Bobby... write you soon. Wow... you did it! Love the NAME! :-D So proud of you, mio amico!!]

Article posted at Contactmusic.com at http://www.contactmusic.com
http://tinyurl.com/yefboj

SEDGWICK'S BROTHER: 'EDIE LOST DYLAN'S BABY'

Tragic ANDY WARHOL muse EDIE SEDGWICK was forced by doctors to abort BOB DYLAN's baby, according to claims from her brother. JONATHAN SEDGWICK claims his late sister, who committed suicide at the age of 28, felt a "deep love" for Dylan, who denied having a relationship with Edie the one time he spoke about her publicly. Jonathan told British newspaper the Sunday Times, "She told me she had to be held down by four men because she fought them so hard to keep the child she claimed was Bob Dylan's. She did tell me later that this was the saddest moment of her life - losing Dylan's child." Jonathan's allegations are set to fuel the legal row between Dylan and the makers of new movie FACTORY GIRL, in which Edie is seen meeting a tall, dark-haired, harmonica-playing folk singer remarkably similar to Dylan. The film doesn't mention an abortion, but its depiction of a love affair between Edie and the musician has enraged Dylan, whose lawyer ORIN SNYDER wrote to the film's producer last month (DEC06), saying, "Even though Mr Dylan's name is not used, the portrayal remains both defamatory and a violation of Mr Dylan's right of publicity." GEORGE HICKENLOOPER, the film's director, said, "No changes were made because of the Dylan legal letter. We feel confident Dylan has no case."
07/01/2007 14:33