[Harp-L] Statistics regarding Ripping CDs - no harp

Hi,

This is a work related question, sorry there is no harp content.

I was told that there was a market study done a short while ago that stated 80% percent of CDs are never played nowadays. They are ripped and then played only from computers, MP3 players or other digital players. I am wondering if there is any truth to this. 80% is a very big number.

Anyone have any idea who did this study? has anyone heard any other such statistics?

Are there any of you who don't use CDs or hardly ever use them?

Pierre.