RE: [Harp-L] Re: Music Lessons ! (where to report phishing emails)

From: "Team Pratt" <mlpratt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Bob.

How many of these you gotten? I've gotten two. The first one, I must
admit, while highly skeptical, I wanted it to "be real". I went along with
him for some time, got him to send me the certified check. Whoa! The check
that came was for $3000 more than what we had agreed upon. He blamed his
wife for the mistake and suggested I send him the $3000 and keep the rest
(for lessons to his son) (who would be staying with relatives in my
neighborhood.) I took his check to the bank. The bank said it was one damn
good forgery. Good routing numbers for a bank in Michigan. (I live in
Maryland) I told him as soon as his check cleared I'd send him the money.
Never heard from him again.

I got the exact same email for MUCIS lessons. I would have been more than qualified being sick the entire month of January!

When you get this kind of crap from a Yahoo address:
Turn on FULL HEADERS in your mail display options, then
Forward the email as is to:
phishing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.com Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/harpsax

Valentine?s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8323,ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24095&tcode=wlmtagline