Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Player vs Harp Player

Here's one you can all have a bit of fun with. How many names can we
come up with for the
harmonica/mouth-organ/harp/french-harp/gob-iron/moothie/tin-sandwich
etc., etc. ?
Having exhausted all I know, I expect a bit of creativity,and will kick
things off with one of my own:'bit' - like the thing you put in a horses
mouth. I do an instrumental I call  'Chompin on the Bit'
See ya!
Rick Dempster
Melbourne,
Australia

>>> "Dave Murray" <dmurray777@xxxxxxx> 6/02/2007 15:04:24 >>>
When I first read the violin/fiddler thing it sent my mind to a genera

orientation where the harmonica might be classical or jazz while harp
might
be blues for fiddle tunes. Thoughts of skill/abilities did not enter my
mind
with respect to "better than." I kind of liked it. After all, there are

highly skilled and talented players of all of those.

Why would we belittle JP for being a pattern player? Was Sonny Terry a

pattern player? (Why, why not?)

Peace and music,
Dave