[Harp-L] Subject: Cheating on your C Harp (was:Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3 )

Winslow responds to Rebecca's: "--- Rebecca Davis Winters
<wordworkshop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
> But  really, the harmonica itself is
> kind of
> phallic, in terms  of the shape and the fact that the player becomes
> the
>  passive receiver of the harmonica.

..."Could that statement be a  feminine viewpoint attributed to males?"

Ulp.....absolutely NOT Winslow....at least not from THIS female's  point of
view.  :)  I've never spared a second's thought of the  harmonica as a symbol
of anything.....phallic or otherwise, and consider  myself and Rebecca to be
Poles apart on that point of view  ;)

In re your:  " I'm a male player and never feel that I'm a  passive receiver.
I feel I must
actively persuade the harmonica to  respond and that I'm exploring its
ability to do so."

.... Couldn't agree more.

....Of course I'm assuming that Rebecca was merely being as  light-hearted,
humorous and tongue-in-cheek as the originator of this  thread?

Elizabeth