Re: [Harp-L] Remembering Oscar

I still play my vinyl copy, also. Man, did they swing hard on that album. I've stunned more than one rock drum aficionado with Louis Bellson's extended solo and I've used Toot's work to show how the chromatic can be affective as a jazz instrument.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Paparozzi" <Chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Remembering Oscar

Oscar Peterson Dies at 82...not exactly a member of our community....but here's a COOL rccord he did back in 75' at the Montreuux Jazz Fest in Switzerland with Toots and Company...I still play my VINYL copy!

http://www.ejazzlines.com/c847/OSCAR-PETERSON-BIG-SIX-OSCAR-PETERSON-BIG-6-LIVE-AT-THE-MONTREUX-JAZZ-FESTIVAL-p2961.html

he will be missed in the Music World..

Happy Holidays,

all the best,