RE: [Harp-L] Re: Seydel Big Six & Key of C

I just got my Big Six this week. Cute presentation - packaged in a can with
a lanyard - that might replace the ubiquitous harp belt! It's a little
bigger than a Hohner Puck but since the holes are larger on the Big Six,
it's much easier to play. I'm not sure I can tell if the stainless steel
reeds make a significant difference. I got the blues version, not the folk.

I like the little harp and can see it as a good travelling/shirt pocket
harmonica... you know, for vacation or places you don't want to lug a full
set. But it would sell more if the price was a bit lower (there are several
good 10-hole diatonic models around that price). The size takes some getting
used to - my hands feel big and clumsy around it. But it cups very nicely!
And sound is good, too.

My biggest complaint is that it's only one key - C. I would buy several if
there were different keys. Otherwise, it's an interesting idea and I'm
watching eagerly to see if Seydel expands the line.

Ian
PS: Meanwhile, I got a TurboHarp BX in low Eb and it's great!
Ian Chadwick. Writer. Webmaster. Researcher.
Web: www.ianchadwick.com
Forum & blog: www.ianchadwick.com/forum
Email: ichadwick@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Harmonica reviews: www.ianchadwick.com/essays/harmonicas.htm