[Harp-L] Recommendations for Gigs

This may be a little off subject but I figure there is a lot of
experience here so...We play several clubs that do not have a stage or
lighting. I never really paid attention before but someone recently gave
me some pictures from a gig and the entire band is in the dark!
I do not want an elaborate lighting setup so I'm looking for something
that would be quick and easy to setup. I have not worked with any
lighting before but I assume the typical cans would be more of a spot
light rather than broadcast over an area so I'm not really sure how to
go. Any recommendations are appreciated.