Re: [Harp-L] Double Stop example on Youtube

sean stephens <thepriapist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          He is good man,however to my ears it is very difficult to appreciate what he is doing in terms of stops,harmonics,etc.Suffice to say that I tend to think of x2 stops as the sounds Butter plays in...

  The most obvious double stop he does on there are on the D and A (the ones in the middle) strings. He does a B on the A string, a G on the D string. He slides that B and G up to an A and C sharp. Then, to get that chilling double stop, he keeps his ring finger on the A, but slides the index finger to the D.

  The studio version to that is pretty awesome, too, he was old when he did it, but his fingers could still keep up with his vision. That version is recorded with choral accompaniment and an orchestra.

Dave Payne
Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com