Re: [Harp-L] The birthday present (MY opinion)

Thanks Joe for the kind words (and Penny says thanks too!). I'm so thrilled that you like the album and it was so great to finally meet you at SPAH and have a chance to play music together! Coming from such an excellent player as yourself, I'm practically speechless. Having made it to the top of your personal list, even if it turns out to be very short-lived, is something I will treasure always.

For anyone who's interested there are (still) full length samples that you can get to through either of our websites (www.pennyhanna.com or www.slidemanslim.com) and the actual CD is available via cdbaby: http://cdbaby.com/cd/smsph

And yes, list member Steve Malerbi does fit into the equation -- he's done a great job on my instruments (and he's a hell of a chromatic player himself, as I found out at SPAH).

- Slim.

Joe and Cass Leone wrote:
You could go to his website for samples. I think it may be under Penny's name. Did I mention that Steve Melerbi is Slim's harp technician. Steve has hands of gold as I have played the 64 super X and have never had one as responsive and sweet as his. Now I know that most everything comes from the player, BUT it sure helps a superior player to have a superior chromo, so, Steve HAS to have fit into the equation somewhere. My opinion

smokey joe & the Cafe s; this evening at 'The Lighthouse' Shell Point Marina, Sanibel Causeway, Ft. Myers Fla. 7-10
Bring a co-signer, bring your pink slip, aww he!!, stay home and save a bunch of money, OR...you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss 95 bucks goodbye. :)