Re: [Harp-L] Custom harps

Hey yall's's. I got on here to learn  to tweak my own harps back in December.
I've yet to do anything other than  unstick a note on a back up A harp I
have. Let me ask a question. Do U guys that  tweak your harps seal the rivet end
of the reed with finger nail polish or  something as a matter of course? I play
SP 20's. would that be a place to start  on trying to make one 'CUSTOM"? I
finally got some of the strips from the anti  theft device's from Wal Mart but
be darned if I can remember what the idea was  with using them. I'm gonna take
an old A and an F back up and try and gap them  to make 'em play better today.
Any help would be really appreciated. I'll try  setting the gaps better first
and maybe the seal thing, I'm not going to try  embossing yet. Until I start
gigging again I can't justify the cost of buying a  custom. I'll mess with my
Back up A and F harps. I guess I should gap them  first? I have a real slow
dial up for my computer so it's very hard to download  the learning pages on the
net so I'm asking yall for help.

     Thanx in advance

        Randy
     BiscuitBoy Blues