Re: [Harp-L] Valved Diatonic

You may find that easing up on the attack will help.

One way to approach this would be to first try to get pitch-based
vibrato on the valved notes. Each throb of vibrato should push the
pitch down a tiny bit momentarily. Try to warm the note, up close and
personal, with the windows steaming up.

Then try just sliding the note down and up a tiny bit, for a languid,
sensual feel.

As you get command of these shallow bends, push deeper while still
being gentle. Feel the note resonating in your mouth, throat, and
chest.

Only after you've found a way to initiate the bend gently should you
attempt to initiate a more forceful attack or start a bend at a lowered
pitch.

Hope this helps.

Winslow