[Harp-L] Bahnson Overblow: Maintenance?

Hi all,

OK, I've decided to keep and play my Bahnson. However, it has obviously spent considerable time lying around at the dealer, so the reedplates are very oxidized in front. I'd like to swap them with new ones (and file them off at the front to reduce the protruding reedplate problem). About that, I have a few questions; maybe there is someone on the list who can answer them. I'd be very happy about that -- I want to play the thing, but I also want to keep it in optimal state and make sure I can maintain it.

Just opened the thing up and found that the reedplates and slider are fixed with hex screws, and they're obviously inch screws of two different sizes. Since we Germans use metric (which, as a friend from the US once told me, is "the tool of the devil" :-) ), I have to buy tools. Does anyone know the thread and head size of these screws?

Also, are there still replacement reed plates for the thing, or do I have to convert Golden Melody plates? If the latter, are the drill holes of newer GM plates in the correct positions?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Regards,
Björn