Re: [Harp-L] The Best Inline Impedance Transformer

If someone already has a LMT and doesn't wish to buy another , use a balanced female to male 1/4 in patch cord to supply the protection to the input.

Later..............................Dane Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Savelyev" <Alexander.Savelyev@xxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; "Tony Renshaw" <tonyrenshaw268@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] The Best Inline Impedance Transformer

I would like to add my comment to this message. I recently asked around in Harp-L about output impedance of this transformer - AUDIX T-50K. Unfortunately no one could answer. My guess was that 50K stands for 50,000 Ohms.

I made a decision to get this transformer because of the little cord between connectors - which is the most safe in comparison with others. So, when it arrived, I read on the package cover - it produces 50,000 Ohms in output - Bingo-o-o-o:)!

Works very well.

Alex

Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 15.04.2007 2:00:51 >>>
After trying the Little Imp branded version, a plug extension from Greg
Heumann, I would like to make the following observation, and
recommendation. I never used it other than once or twice at home. It broke.
Its not Greg's problem as he only onsells them, and it isn't really his
business, if anything it was a straight out courtesy that he sourced it for
me, and supplied it. The best place to put it is into the top of your amp,
and then plug your lead into it, which makes it stick up way too high and
subject to damage. Try an Audix T-50 K. It has a flexible 6-8" lead between
the male portion that sits conventionally in the top of the amp, then a
dongle of sorts, then the female bit. This allows your lead to sit in the
top of your amp conventionally, and mitigates the risks associated with the
"Little Imp". Here is a link to look at:
http://www.nextag.co.uk/Audix/t50/zzukzB1z5--brand-html
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia