[Harp-L] FX pedals

(Sorry People I sent this the other day to the wrong address)

Hello people, I've been off list for a few years but am glad to be back.

The DT 250 as Gary suggests seems like an excellent Idea. Since it has cabinet modeling it I believe it will attenuate the higher ,more harsh frequencies that a lot of the

pedals that don't have this feature, won't. I believe a few of the direct boxes will do this but I"m not sure which ones.

A few years ago there was a thread about the high frequency issues, and a design for a box that came right from the speaker out. I'm not sure that will relate to this

particular issue but it will explain the need for freq. attenuation when distortion is involved. (does anyone Know where it is in the archives)

I use a Pod Pro xt which has the cab modeling but it is about 5 times the price. Although I had a need for a rack mount. The DT250 seems very cool.

I would suggest that you take your harps and mike to the music store and try and compare different things through a PA. A good store will allow you to do this.

Also remember that feedback increases as distortion increases. I also use sabine fbx2400 which adds a gaagillion dollars to the whole mess. There are other brands

and smaller units from sabine that are much cheaper.

I hope this helps and again its good to be back............................................Dane Paul