Re: [Harp-L] FX Pedals Through PA

"Jonathan Metts" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> could I buy a distortion pedal and run my mic through
> it and then go directly into the PA?  Right now, I could afford the pedal
> much more than I could afford a new amp better suited for harp.  And if this
> works, I'll still have the pedals ready to go whenever I do buy a good amp.

i don't know what your budget is, but for $150 you can get a digitech rp250
with a zillion amp models and effects, and run it through a PA now and an
am later.  for $100 you can get the rp150, which lacks a few of the models/effects
the 250 has, as well as the expression pedal.  or going up to $200 the rp350
has the works.

i already have an rp300, but am considering getting a 250 anyway for its
improved/increased models and effects, smaller size, and much nicer
user interface.

there's a chart on their website that compares the features:
http://www.digitech.com/products/RP_newpgs/modelcomparison.html

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.