Re: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Portable digital recording studio

Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Zoom has just released the H4.  Records uncompressed WAV files
> > (24 bit, up to 96 kHz bit) or MP3s on digital media cards (up to 2 GB
> > for 380 minutes WAV recording, 34 hours MP3).
> > I haven't tested one of these, but on the specs alone it's a very interesting buy
> > at about $300 retail.

i forgot to mention, that 128M card is not gonna be sufficient.  so assume you'll
need a 1G, or better still, a 2G card in addition.  this needn't be too expensive.
i just bought a 2G SD card last week for $45.  that gets you 380 minutes, or
enough to record even a jason ricci @ terra show in full 16 bit quality.
nice.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.