Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Case theft deterents

On Sep 12, 2006, at 9:06 AM, M. N. wrote:

have two different "harp cases" that I love. They look cool and are really optimized for my gear, but they also scream out: "Steal me, I have valuable music equipment inside!"

Is equipment theft really an issue? I live near Boston, have been in a great many dodgy clubs and bars, and based on this thread, have been downright careless. These days I'm using one of Dave Barrett's stage case, which I like well enough. From the outside, it's a nondescript black box: I lump it in with the other equipment near the stage and go about my merry way. (Watch, now some one will steal it). And if anyone can get my Sonny Jr. II out the door without a hernia and before I notice that it's missing they deserve it. That thing's a beast.

Bob Cohen