[Harp-L] CORRECTION - 12A125-O! Any comments on Weber 12A150-O speaker?

This should read 12A125-0 NOT 12A150-O - apologies for confusing the issue

Quoting Kevin M Brown <kevin.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

After some reading (including harp-l archives) and emailing Ted Weber
my choice of a replacement 12 inch speaker for a blues jr is either the
Weber 12A100 or the 12A125-O (a vintage Jensen P12R would be even
better I think but very hard to get in Australia).

The 12A100 basically gets rave reviews from a whole range of harp
players BUT it's rated at (only) 15W and according to Ted Weber,
running the BJ on full blast with distortion would not be a good idea
for this speaker. I'm assuming here that playing harp thru a high-z mic
equals distortion. Not that I plan to dial up to vols. 10+ but the idea
of the amp being able to blow the speaker makes me a bit uneasy.

The alternative is the 12A125-O - same straight cone, slightly larger
voice coil (1 1/4" to 1") and available at 30W. The question is whether
the peace of mind that would come with the 30W speaker also comes with
much loss of early breakup, warmth, crunch etc that us harp players
usually are looking for?

thanks for reading
kevin