Re: [Harp-L] The best Stevie - overated perhaps

I realize that this is harp-l and the focus is the harp, but the music comes first. If the music is good and people enjoy it, isn't that enough? Discussion of "the best" is subjective. If the harmonica was Stevie's only claim to fame we might have never heard of him. He sings, composes, plays multiple instruments, and yes, he plays the harp superbly. Few people fail to enjoy his music, no matter if they care specifically about the harp or not.

For the past few days "Neil Young Unplugged" has betting a lot of play on my CD player. There's a lot of harp content. Does it display harp virtuosity and make me want to proclaim him to be the best? No. But I enjoy it more than the music of some harp players who I think are better harp players. Taste in music is a personal thing. It isn't a contest, and it isn't all about skill.

Peace and music,
Dave