[Harp-L] Adjusting reed action on a diatonic

Happy Thanksgiving to all:
I need assistance: I was told by Howard Levy and one of his students (Jason Rosenblatt) that you can adjust the reeds (they were both talking about the Golden Melody)
of the comb to make over blowing and bending easier. Has anyone done this. I am somewhat "spastic" with tools and I am afraid of ruining my harps . I have some "Big River" harps I don't use anymore and I could practice on them.
I see the two screws that hold both combs together. I assume they unscrew them and is it the upper comb that is the "blow notes" I realize that I may be asking very rudimentary questions and we seem to have some really good technicians here. I would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. Thank you for entertaining this thread.
James