Re: [Harp-L] Reed screws -where to get them?

David Garcia wrote:
> My last batch of screws and nuts to attach reeds that I
> got from Farrell is starting to run out, and now that
> they're out of business I was wondering where to get them...
> I'm not in a rush yet, but I'm starting to worry. Any idea
> out there?

Hi David,
  F&R Farrell usually recomended 0-90 phillips flat head screws, and hex nuts.
For over three years I have been using 0-80 1/8" phillips flat head 18-8SS
screws with 0-80 small brass hex nuts (rather than wide hex nuts).  The
larger screw size allows for rescuing really bad reed replacement attempts,
or over zealous reed heel rivet hole enlargement.
  I use McMaster & Carr http://www.mcmaster.com
If you don't already have one, you'll also need a 1/8" 82deg countersink,
and a pin vice to hold it, or a rotary tool that can handle the 1/8" shank,
eg Dremel.
-- G.
Harps by G
http://harmonica.7p.com