[Harp-L] Seydel low low F

I ordered mine online and received it in about a week. Played it a day or so and then retuned some of the notes. I've lived to regret it, one of the notes I touched up is now balky to start to sound. The lower 3 reeds are all valved which makes it clicky to play. I've got a low A that I retuned myself from a couple of the lowest available Lee Oskar plates. I think I like it better but then again it's not as low as the low low F. Interesting valve material used on the Seydel. The harmonica comes in a paperboard box with a polishing cloth and a leatherette pouch to store the harmonica. I'm thinking this is kind of a work in progress, meaning I'll have to go back inside this harmonica and try and get it to where I like it. They aren't cheap but neither are they out of line expensive.

Looking at the Buckeye schedule I see that Rupert Oysler is representing Seydel at the event. Does this mean Seydel will have a U.S. presence with onshore product? Are any of their lines currently being distributed in the U.S.? Competition can never be a bad thing and the availability of odd tunings is a bonus. I'm hoping this venture works out well for Seydel and things progress apace.

Nice to see Toots Thielemans Carnegie Hall concert reviewed in today's New York Times. Great photograph, very respectful treatment of Mr. Thielemans and his musical abilities. fjm