Re: [Harp-L] Helping other harp players

Dan <billybudd1313@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I stepped in to sing, made sure he was in the right key, lead the
> band, gave him lots of room to play.  We  both had a fun "two harps,
> man what a sound" time.  So much so, that we did it again the next night.
>
>   Many of you have had the tools/experience to behave in this nurturing
>  way for years.  It's new to me. I am glad I have some tools available
> to support other harp players.

as someone who's (not so long ago) been on the receiving end of this
kind of attention, i can't begin to tell you how appreciated this is.  it's
really tough for a beginner to get up there, not knowing what he's doing.
and a lot of what he needs to know he can only learn by doing just that.
having someone to help them through it makes a huge difference, both
to their experience and their learning experience.

so thanks, from all of us.  we were all beginners once.

> I'm starting to feel some of what Jason Ricci is talking about (listen to
> Snowflakes and Horses a few times )

he'd be glad to hear that.  the beauty of it is that you had a better time,
he had a better time, and likely the audience had a better time.
gotta love that.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?