Re: [Harp-L] Re: More easy tunes

While we're on the subject of TV tunes in solos, here's another...

The theme from "Gilligan's Island".

I play once in a while with the "Steve Wall Band" a classic rock ringleader in Boise's "Music Mafia".

We do a couple of souped-up bluegrass and fiddle tunes including a bluegrass version of "Born to Be Wild" by "Steppin' Hoof" and the "Orange Blossom Special".

Last year during the National Oldtime Fiddlers' Contest, during a set at The Athena Club we pulled off a 14-minute version of the "Orange Blossom Special" that included harmonica rides on "Gilligan's Island", The Flintstones", "Amazing Grace", "Foggy Mountain Breakdown", "Hawaii Five-O," and "Hava Nagila."

What A Hoot!

It might be interesting to note at this point that you can combine words of "Amazing Grace" to the tunes of "Gilligan's Island", and House of the Rising Sun"

Regards,
Dennis Cooper
http://www.dennis-cooper.com
http://www.harmonicabootcamp.com