Re: [Harp-L] ? about Suzuki Promasters

On Jul 21, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Paul LaBrier wrote:

On 7/21/06, Fernando Bresslau <bresslau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Paul, you could use something as simple as a nail file, or a proper
fine hacked jewellers file.

What, and NOT use power tools BAH! Just kidding, you are right but I would still want to tape it up good to keep metal dust out though... right?

Fernando, who tries to make sure that no Golden Melody or other
harmonicas leave the factory with any sharp edges...

From that comment I am assuming that you work for Hohner? If so, why
does Hohner let the reed plates protrude past the comb and covers by
design?  My lips much prefer harmonicas with recessed reeed plates.
Is there a reason?

Paul
_
What 'I' used to do is remove the reed plates. Place thin foam between them and along both sides of the 'stack', tap them face down on a table, tape em up and run them across emory paper glued to a hard flat surface (like plate glass, slate, marble, etc), give em about 70+ swipes, and re install them. Don't do this ON the comb because the emory will take the sheen off of the red plastic and that will cause drag. No problem for a pucker player but not a good idea for a tongue blocker. While you're at it, break the outside edges on the covers. (leave the inside edge alone).

smokey