Re: [Harp-L] The New Butterfield Thread

From: "Rick & Dana Siekmann" <dsiekmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Michael Peloquin" <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] The New Butterfield Thread
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:41:03 -0600

On the other hand, it's also said that he was an left-handed, upside down player, which to me >sounds like total insanity...I think I'll just keep the numbers where I can see 'em.

So was William Clarke...although he was right handed.

The last few times I saw Butter perform in Los Angeles in the mid 80's...
he was using a blackface Twin...with a 545s...mic'ed through the house PA.

In 1981 I went to a gig he did at Hop Sing's in Santa Monica...and he was using
a silverface Twin...which I later found out was a backline amp supplied by the
club. There was terrible feedback from the PA for the first couple of songs
whenever he would blow harp...on the 3rd song he stopped the band in
mid progression and announced over the PA, "There will be no more
music until THEY (pointing upstairs to the house soundbooth) fix this sh**!!!"...
and he walked off the stage...followed by the backup band. About 20 minutes
later, after much more soundchecks and amp tweaking...the band and Paul
returned to the stage for a great 90 minute set....with No More feedback ;))

~Donnie~

The Ultimate William Clarke Tribute Site
http://www.angelfire.com/blues/williamclarke/index.html

MorTone Microphone
http://www.angelfire.com/music4/mortone/index.html