Re: [Harp-L] OB's/Intonation

Boy I LOVE this list.....The beauty is an amalgamation of Pro's and non-Pros
all reading, writing and contributing some REALLY dynamite insights on
listening, practicing and performing! I've learned Volumes from all of them
and appreciate their openess and candor.

All the posts were superb this week but Jason's stole my heart, he is an
amazing musician and human being!..thanks for sharing your soul and
experience in life and music Jason.

I've known many Harp Players over the years get 'frustrated' here on the "L"
and checkout for good or awhile as the discussions no longer interest them.
I applaud the participants on Harp-l whether we dive into:
II-V-I's, OB's, TB, Intonation, Tube rectifiers, efx, Shofu
Brownies,...........................it's all good and there's somethin' for
ALL level players as well.............Happy New Year Harp-L! and Hats off to
fjm, Ben N, and also the ready and steady Danny Wilson......and SPAH for
their continued support of the list.

I was just down in my basement practicing my vocals, and I'm actually having
some issues with intonation on some of these BS&T tunes.....so it's sure a
challenge!...as my pitch missed on some of the notes, I thought about this
weeks discussions and laughed out loud.-))

I usually end my practicing in the basement by grabbin' a chrom and opening
up the 'Real Book' (Jazz Fakebook)
and practice my sight reading. I just open it to any page and start to read
the melody....

This is really wierd, but tonite's song was "Tune Up" by Miles Davis,-)) How
Ironic that I turned to "that" page as it's a HUGE book!
 (which BTW (JP)  'TUNE UP' is a perfect study of the II-V-I progression in
Jazz!)

and as KC of the sunshine band once sang (or was it Iceman????,-)

"Shake, Shake, Shake....Shake, Shake, Shake .....Shake your Booty....Shake
your Boooooooty!"
Good Nite All....