Re: [Harp-L] minor keys

Steve Shaw wrote:
<I'd try out the tunes on my G harp or C harp before splashing out on a
<minor
<key harp.  Am would be 3rd position on the G harp or 4th position on
<the C.
<As long as the notes you need are either there already or gettable why
<spend
<money!

I respectfully beg to differ.  Natural Minor harps have a beautiful
sound all their own.  The chording is amazing, and IMPOSSIBLE to do on a
standard harp.  The single notes have deeper bends in certain places,
like the draw 2 and 5 reeds, than a standard harp too.

Granted that buying any harp you don't already own costs money.  It's
about $20, give or take, for a Natural Minor harp; that's not a lot of
money to pay for something that can really change your sound.  EVERY
harp player should have a Natural Minor or two in his or her kit.  Play
it just like you play the harps you already own, and prepare to be
amazed at what comes out.

If you want to hear a Natural Minor on a hard Chicago Blues, go to
Broadjam.com, plug "Richard Hunter" into the artist name search field,
and select "Minor Kill" from the list you see there.  Subscribers to my
mailing list have already heard it.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com