Re: [Harp-L] Re: progressive rock

Well, some of the eraly blues traveler songs have a lot in common with prog : odd time signatures, rhythmic breaks and long trippy sections, but I guess they lack the construction that is, to me, characteristic of prog...

Ben
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: aolmos@xxxxxxx
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:04 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Re: progressive rock

  I looked into this a couple of months ago and this what I was able to find:

  YES - Love Will Find a Way, Jimmy Zavala on harp.  Also I read somewhere that Chris Squire plays harp live.

  Steve Hacket plays harp in some of his early records and in a couple of songs with John Wetton

  Peter Gabriel plays some in US and  Secret World Live

  Joe Satriani (is he progressive rock?) play heavenly amplified harmonica in Flying in a Blue Dream & The Extremist

  I'm sure there more stuff out there.  Good Luck.

  Gus