Re: [Harp-L] What's the big deal?

Ken M. writes

here are no problems, only solutions.

No one is forcing anyone to learn overbending
techniques, or even to accept them in any given
musical context.

He goes on to say just don't listen to Masquerade if you don't like it. I think the point of this discussion is that we're having it. It's civil and there is a lot of disagreement. It's not going to end up all neatly in a box and tied with a pretty bow. There is this need in groups, to calm everybody down and get us all to reach some mediated point of consensus. The heck with that. For the first time in a very long time I'm reading spirited debate and well reasoned responses without the fear that the listowner will have to wade in and stop the free for all. Pretty interesting stuff. fjm