Re: [Harp-L] re: a question

fjm wrote:
 I use a special tuning for Somewhere Over the Rainbow ..............

About a week ago, I started trying to learn that one. I begin on the 4 blow.
After the first day, I decided I might have to devote one of my harps to a
special tuning for that number, all because of the "There's" note. I can only
play by ear so to illustrate:

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
<THERE'S> a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

I have no trouble getting the bend on the 3 draw but the intonation sucks.
(pun intended) I'm pretty sure that after a few thousand hours of practice on
that note, the intonation will still be awful. For that reason, I'll resort to a
retune. Anyone have any other suggestions?

lh