From: Mike Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Eric Garcia <ericgar85@xxxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] So I bought a Line 6 Roto-machine yesterday...
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:10:37 -0800 (PST)

That's what I am worried about.  For being less then
half of the price of the really nice Leslie pedals, my
expectations aren't super high.  However, for using it
as little as I plan on, I can't rationalize spending
big money.  It didn't sound to "fake" to me, but it
isn't as warm as I was hoping.  That might be ok for
my use though.

I wasn't up to gig volume at home yesterday, but was
using my main rig.  What I liked was the different
sims.  The three have very different sounds!  It made
it pretty easy to find something that worked with my
unprocessed sound.

The pedal has a huge amount of flexibility in terms of
tone and effect options.  It is really cool to use the
ramp and switch from slow to fast.  Single notes don't
do it for me, but the octaves and chords I played
sounded really good.  I tried to find the warmest
setting I could.  I am not looking for cut or tons of
bottom end.  I just want a good comping organ sound.

I'll try it a little louder tonight, but the true test
will be at a gig.  I want to do part of a set with the
pedal inline but off, part of a set using the effect,
and part of a set with the pedal out of my chain.

I'll also try using it in stereo at home tonight too.

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com