Re: [Harp-L] epiphone amp

Scott Albert Johnson wrote:
<From: rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Subject: [Harp-L] epiphone amp
<
<  "Has anyone tried the epiphone tube junior combo amp? I noticed it's
<going for $139.00 online.  Thanks."
 <
 < I just got one, after seeing my friend, Greg "Fingers" Taylor, using
<one and making it sound great.  I haven't had a chance to use it at a gig yet, but
<my initial impression is that it's very loud for a little 5-watt amp and has great
<tube tone.  It has only one control, a volume knob, so don't expect much/any versatility.
<But if you are looking for a Champ-like sound at a remarkably low price (got mine
<for $120 on eBay), it's great and really honks.

That's pretty much the opposite of my experience.  Go figure.  What mic are you using, Scott?

I'd like to note that Musicians Friend and American Musical supply are both very friendly dealers for musicians who have to buy to try.  I bought one of the 5-watt Epiphones from Musicians Friend, tried it, didn't dig it, and returned it a few days later, no problem.  I didn't like the 15-watt Epiphone I tried at Guitar Center a few months ago, either.  The Crate V15 Palomino I tried th

Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com