[Harp-L] Top 5 starting Memories

Boy, seeing this albums listed is like a walk down memory lane.

I really kept playing the harmonica because of SonnyBoy Williamson and John Lennon. I saw SonnyBoy Williamson live with the Yardbirds in Davenport , Iowa; got beat up because I wore my Iowa City High School jacket and Davenport was the enemy.

I remember the Bela Bartok , various works including the Piano Sonata (1926), Noel Lee, pianist that Richard Hunter because I studied Stravinsky, Shostakovich and Bartok when I first came to New York to study with Chamber Huang and at Mannes College of Music and Manhattan School of Music.

When I first came to New York City I had no money, so I was a babysitter and lived in a Brownstone right next to Miles Davis on 77th Street between West End Ave and Riverside. I used to talk to him when he would hangout out front, stoned.

Went to Sunday barbecue in Brooklyn and saw Mingus and Monk play together in garage and ate chicken in someone's yard all for free - it was like some kind of dream!

There are so many more as to why I went into music to play harmonica.

Night Owl Blues

Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com