Re: [Harp-L] Third position rave and questions

Yeah, 3rd position can be GREAT with major blues.

I love to play 3rd position with Jump Blues and
stuff with that West Coast sound. I use it quite a
bit.

Listen to how William Clarke swings in 3rd on some
of his cuts... "Blowin' the Family Jewels" comes to
mind. It's in A major, played in 3rd on a G harp.
And he just kills. He's all over the harp, no
overbending, playing the living daylights out of
that fast/jump/swing/blues thang. Hot, hot, hot!

Study that song and you'll get it. I think it's on
the "Tip of the Top" CD. You really need to be able
to hit those lower-octave bends nuts-on to pull it
off... and, of course, you've got to be able to
SWING!!

Have fun!!

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.