Re: [Harp-L] Coltrane and Ballads- creative inspirations

your first choice is interesting. is that "Steady" as
in Jerry McCain's instrumental? if so, it's unusual
(to me anyway) that people prefer covers to originals.
while maybe no longer my faves, here's the top five
that made me want to play:

1.) Thirteen Years in Prison - Big Leon Brooks
2.) all the cuts from Claptons "From the Cradle" -
Jerry Portnoy
3.) C-Boy's Blues - Kim Wilson
4.) My Home is a Prison - Sugar Ray Norcia
5.) Hoodoo Man - Jr. Wells

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Grant Dermody
<gdermody@...> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>   Longtime lurker Grant Dermody from Seattle here. I
have enjoyed this thread very much. If I may, I'd like
to ask you all about individual all time great
harmonica tunes that inspired, amazed, made you want
to pick up the instrument in the first place.