Re: [Harp-L] Meisterklasse

Rob Paparozzi wrote:
When the original MK Diatonics came out that had 5 screws fastening the
plate. When the design went to 3 screws, that's when it all went down hill
for me.......waaaaaaay too leaky and inconsistent, I say bring back the 2
extra screws!,-) But I haven't rfeally been up on the newer MK's are they
still 3 screw plates??
rob paparozzi
Hi Rob.

You are talking about the MK MS.
Actually, it was the other way round. The original MS series had only 3 reedplate screws for every harmonica, except the Blues Harp (2). Then Hohner invested in tooling to introduce the 2 extra screws for the MK MS. 3 were too little, now it is better. By the way, for some years now all MS harmonicas are "hand made", that is, the machine which riveted, set the gap and tuned the plates has been put out of use. The quality has increased considerably.

All the best,
Fernando