Re: Re:[Harp-L]Little Walter - Michalek's comment

There's two much shit in this world already, we all need to set an example and figure out how to play nice.

I think that sometimes people get offended by other individual "innocuous" statements.

When you interpret something, you read it from your own frame of reference.

For example Chris's comment that "99.4% of all harmonica players on earth are crap musicians" may offend many people on this list. It seems arrogant and is insulting to people who practice daily.

But if Chris had said that 99% of guitar players are crap musicians as all they can do is play from tab and know nothing about the art of playing guitar, most would agree. (Except guitar players on the list).

When Chris mentions horn players, he's probably thinking of guys like Charlie Parker, Dizzie Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, Stan Getz, Stanley Turentine, ... then no wonder he thinks that harp players are poor musicians.If you want to play like Charlie Parker, you better hunker down.

When you get offended by something, you can post back to the list that the comment upsets you and explain why it upsets you. Then the person gets to clarify his post. In some cases both parties will learn something.

By the way, I think Chris likes to get a "rise".

Pierre.