Re: [Harp-L] Microtrack / M-Audio Recorder

Bachman <harptime@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just bought one of these Microtracks over the weekend. I am not real good
> at tech stuff so it remains in the box until I read the manual and hopefully
> get some feedback from here. I got it for what looks to be a rock bottom
> price- $299.00

that's not a good price.  that's theft.  please turn yourself in.
the lowest i've seen it for was $399.

> 2) How good is that mic that is included.

haven't found any real information about the mic.
i'd guess they invested most effort in the device itself,
with a mic thrown in as afterthought.  probably ok for
casual use, but you might want to upgrade to a better
one for more serious use.  as mentioned in another post,
i'm *real* happy with the one i've got from microphonemadness.com.

> I am putting together a little busking show to take to NYC. It will be cool
> to capture some live street scenes sounds w/ a harp soundtrack.  Live from
> NY in Washington Square..its Warren Bee            !

we'll stop by and see ya on our way to terra in december.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?