[Harp-L] Marine Band Deluxe

When I first heard of the MD Deluxe I had hoped that it would have a plastic comb and I was really disappointed to find out they only have a semi sealed wooden comb. Surely Hohner can make a plastic comb the exact dimensions of a wooden one?
If there are two things that I can bet on happening it is that a MB comb is going to swell and leak. And then there is the horrible little nails holding it all together(the standard MB).
It would be great if Hohner could make a MB with a plastic comb, they've got the right idea with the MB deluxe being put together with screws, if only they had used a plastic comb.
It's possible that this has something to do with tradition and stuff but if Hohner made a MB with a plastic comb and called it the Marine Band 2005 (the year that it was first produced would help future harp historians) and also made the standard current MB but called it the Luddite Special I bet the plastic combed MB would out sell the wooden one.
The MB doesn't need any radical dimension changes, just lose the wooden comb and replace it with a plastic one of the exact same dimensions, line the comb up with the edges of the reedplates, every thing the same just get rid of the wooden comb and nails.

Chris
 Lake Macquarie
   Australia