Re: [Harp-L] Shure mics, SM57 or 58?

Tom,
I wonder if you or anyone else on the list has experienced problems with hand holding condenser mics?

I own 2 AKG 1000 mics. They are killer mics when played thru either of my amps but if I hit a blow note hard the mic signal cuts out. I don't know if its from the compression of holding the mic so tight or what. It doesn't matter which mic or amp I use. Any time I start wailing the signal cuts out for a second or two if I hit a reed hard. No it isn't the reed choking. Other then that they pick up every nuance of the harp with crystal clarity.

mike