Re: [Harp-L] Rob Does Conan W/ Dolly!

Thanx to Warren & Mojo Red and Bobbie G for the kind words about my
appearance with DOLLY on Conan last night. I know y'all had to stay up LATE
so much apperciated!! I went from Conan right to a gig in NJ so I didn't get
to see the show and at 53 still can't figure out how to work a VCR!!,-)))
Glad I got some coverage tho and thanks again! Dolly is very warm and a REAL
'no airs' person, I LOVED working w/ her! Yesterday was also my birthday so
it EXTRA special,-))

    I'll also be on THE VIEW wed 10/19, I think thats on ABC at 11am ET but
I'm not sure, so check your listings.

 The VIEW doesn't allow as many musicians as we had on Conan but it still
should be a good band. The song itself is pretty easy "Me & Bobby McGhee"
but the hard part (as mojo sez) is NOT overplaying, making DOLLY shine and
"placement" of the licks. When your working with so many singers a mandolin,
fiddle, gtr and 2 pianos, the KEY is NOT stepping on toes...so it was quite
a challenge to say the least!

Kennedy Ctr Awards:

    Next weekend should also be a challenge, I'll be in DC playing in a band
for the Kennedy Ctr. "Mark Twain" Comedy awards honoring Steve Martin, I'll
be blowing Chromatic on "The Way you Look tonite" featuring "Diane
Keaton"....and then playing behind Randy Newman and other asst special
guests...when I find out what channel it will be on, I'll let the list
know.....working with singers is something us harp players are 'continually'
working on, it's an art in itself, but I love the challenge,-)

Best to ALL,
Rob Paparozzi